nv-l

Re: backing up databases

1998-11-12 12:36:46
Subject: Re: backing up databases
From: Vladimir Petr <PETR AT DATASYS DOT CZ>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:36:46 +0100
Hello, Richard;
Normally, the only daemons you should stop are netmon and snmpCollect to ensure
that no writes into databases occur. Or
you can execute ovstop to stop all the daemons. Also, it is a good idea to
prevent users with write access from
modifying the databases.Then tar /usr/OV/databases.

Best regards,
Vladimir.

--
Vladimir Petr