nv-l

NV Limited Licence

1998-11-12 06:40:58
Subject: NV Limited Licence
From: Vladimir Petr <PETR AT DATASYS DOT CZ>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:40:58 +0100
Hello, folks;

This question aims rather at marketing guys but someone of you may have run
thereinto.
Our customer has an NV licence limited to 1000 nodes that can be managed. Now,
suppose the customer needs to upgrade his
NV to full licence for he has more nodes in his environment. I would like to
know if an upgrade exists and if it is
possible at all to upgrade, or if just purchasing a full licence is sufficient
while the NV program remains the same,
i.e. no reinstallation needed.

For instance, NNM has a 250 node licence. After this limit is reached, the
objects over this number are set unmanaged.
To amend this, one must get a full licence. Does something similar exist for NV?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Vladimir

--