nv-l

Re: Recovering from Hostname Change

1998-11-10 10:05:42
Subject: Re: Recovering from Hostname Change
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:05:42 -0500
NetView is easy to recover.  It is the Framework which is difficult.

If the IP address or hostname of NetView has been changed, start the
daemons and run /usr/OV/service/reset-ci.
That should do it.

Vladimir Petr just posted some thoughts on the Framework yesterday, but it
seems to depend on where the TMR server is and whether it is up.  I cannot
help you there.  Consult the Framework doc as he suggests:

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Subject:  Re: Changing Netview/TMR Server IP addr

Mark,
to change the TMR server ip address, you will have to run "odadmin odlist
change_ip" or "odadmin odlist add_ip_alias"
commands on the server. Anycase, look at the Framework planning and
installation guide, there is a section dealing
specifically with this issue. Also, man odadmin will show you the commands.

For NetView, you must update the ORS database by running the
/usr/OV/service/reset_ci script (when netmon and
snmpCollect and GUIs are down) after you changed the ip address. Then
ovstop and ovstart the daemons.

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Vladimir.

Simon Long <simon AT nettrack.com DOT au> on 11/09/98 11:54:37 PM

Please respond to simon AT nettrack.com DOT au