nv-l

Re: NV5.1 Map Problem

1998-11-09 03:11:28
Subject: Re: NV5.1 Map Problem
From: Stefan Schickling <stefan_schickling AT MUS DOT DE>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 09:11:28 +0100
markus.klenk AT FRASPA1822 DOT DE wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we use NV5.1 on an AIX HACMP cluster.
> When we start NV on the backup host the following error message appears
>
> Could not open map: default    Map exists on machine:<name of the non HACMP
> machine>
>
> We don`t know in which file we can enter the name of the non HACMP machine
> so that NV starts with the default map on the HACMP host
>
> Kind regards
>
> Markus

 Hi Markus,

HACMP change the IP-Adress, hostname, ..., in the way you told him.NetView
don't like this changes and will reverence his old hostname and the old
IP-address. At take-over you have to tell netview the changes.
The guys building the cluster and the guys installing NetView need expirience
in HACMP!!!

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen  with best regards
Stefan Schickling