nv-l

Re: NV-L Digest - 1 Nov 1998 to 2 Nov 1998

1998-11-04 10:18:44
Subject: Re: NV-L Digest - 1 Nov 1998 to 2 Nov 1998
From: Ken Karasek <KGKARASE AT HEWITT DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:18:44 -0600
Will,

I spoke to Bay about the support for NV 5.1 and the answer from the top is
that the Optivity NMS software will not support NV 5.1 until April 1999.
Albeit that the latest version of TME NV may be superior to NV 4.x, there
are currently no upgrade paths for NV 4.x customers may have integrated
third party products ( Optivity NMS, Optivity Analysis, Optivity Planning,
Olicom Switch Manager, Nortel OMS-P, Liebert SiteNet Manager, etc).

Do you have the date as to when IBM/Tivoli  plans to drop all support of NV
4.x?  I have made requests to extend NV 4.x support, but no one at Tivoli
has either called me back or has responded by E-mail with answers.