nv-l

Unmanaging interfaces for Scheduled Maintenance

1998-11-03 16:43:12
Subject: Unmanaging interfaces for Scheduled Maintenance
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:43:12 -0600
Is it possible to configure NetView to *automatically* unmanage a particular
interface(s) during a specific day(s)/time(s)?  That is, is there a command
that one can execute from the command line to unmanage a specific interface
and/or node during a specific time and then re-manage the interface after
the time?  I know we can do this via a manned person in the NV maps, but I
am looking for something that I can do on a scheduled basis and not
requiring a NV map administrator.  Thanks,

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive
St. Paul, MN  55123
Phone: 651-687-4536
Fax: 651-687-6946
E-mail: joe.prokott AT westgroup DOT com