nv-l

Re: mib2trap and SNMPV2 (was Re: Problem with nvaddtrapdconf)

1998-11-02 17:29:53
Subject: Re: mib2trap and SNMPV2 (was Re: Problem with nvaddtrapdconf)
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 17:29:53 -0500
mib2trap specifically looks for TRAP-TYPE and that's all
Traps in trapd.conf are organized by enterprise -- the oid of who is
sending it, regardless of what it is about.  So an agent implementing
SNMPV2 would have to include any traps under his enterprise.

And most SNMPV2 data is made available via SNMPGET rather than by trap, so
I'm afraid I am not aware of what a NOTIFICATION-TYPE is in this regard.
What MIB are you looking at?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott AT WESTGROUP DOT COM> on 11/02/98 04:54:14 PM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>