nv-l

Re: Monitoring router reboots

1998-11-01 17:34:00
Subject: Re: Monitoring router reboots
From: Paul Anderson <paul.anderson AT AMALI.GLOBALNET.CO DOT UK>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 22:34:00 -0000
I don't have quite so much faith in vendors trap implementations.

I have set up a data capture on sysUpTime which triggers when the value of
sysUpTime goes above my polling interval and 'resets' when it goes below my
polling interval. I have configured my 'alarms' so that I get a warning
message on the 'reset' which tells me a routers sysUpTime is less than my
polling interval (i.e. it has reset recently) Admittedly it's a bit involved
but it works OK.