nv-l

Re: Changing Password

1998-10-30 05:05:02
Subject: Re: Changing Password
From: Jon Needes <jon.needes AT ATS.UK.EDS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:05:02 +0000
Uwe Richter wrote:

> This is a known Bug since 4.1.x.  You can get a E-Fix for the Bug.
> But then the nvsecd is unstable (exit-Code 4). For this Problem
> exists a PMR at IBM.
>
> Uwe

  Thanks for the reply, Uwe

Does the bug still exist in NetView 5.1?  If so, perhaps someone in Tivoli
can explain why what appears to be a simple problem has not been fixed.
We have found that you can change passwords through Security
Administration, but we do not want ordinary users to have access to this.
The e-fix described does not sound acceptable.  On any security system
users will expect to be able to change their own password.

Thanks

Jon