nv-l

Netview & Ciscoworks

1998-10-27 11:21:25
Subject: Netview & Ciscoworks
From: "Chris P." <chrisp AT IODINE.UCIA DOT GOV>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:21:25 -0500
I have recently loaded Ciscoworks 4.0 on my Netview 4.1.2 machine with AIX
4.2.  I was playing with the Configuration Manager Tool trying to copy a
config from a device to the database and I get the following error:

Confman error in device to database. Toolkit getting configuration error.
Success of TFTP transfer is unverified.  Please check system setup and
community string.

I have checked the community string and everything looks good there.  I
have also synced the NMS with Sybase.  I don't know what else to try.  I
have also now noticed that I cannot demand poll any of my devices.  I can
ping them, and I am successful when I run the IP/TCP/SNMP tool.  I have
just noticed this since loading Ciscoworks.  Any ideas on what the problems
might be?

Thanks for any help,

Chris