nv-l

[no subject]

1998-10-21 16:06:19
From: Dominique JEANNEROD <jeannerod AT APOGEE-COM DOT FR>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 22:06:19 +0200
At 14:57 21/10/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want to do some surveilence on my routers with the help of NV5.1.
>
>Alert me when the router has been rebooted via polling it.
>

>One way to do it may be to poll the sysUptime mib-II variable and check if
>the value is less than the previous value, but how do I configure this in
>NW and what about the maximum value of the systemUptime variable ?
>

>--
>Cheers
>
>Wiggo Moeller
It's not a good idea to do this via polling : the router sends a ColdStart
Trap when booting, so it is only necessary to manage these traps !
        Dominique JEANNEROD. Responsable technique
|        APOGEE Communications, Agence Sud-Est                 |
|        113 boulevard Stalingrad, 69100 VILLEURBANNE          |
|        Phone : 0478173838 -- Fax : 0478173839                |