nv-l

Re: Nways problem

1998-10-21 09:50:22
Subject: Re: Nways problem
From: Brandtner Frank <frank.brandtner AT KARSTADT DOT DE>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:50:22 -0400
Hi,

I had the same problem with the components of IBM 8230.
It lay on it, that the process "Rnvgate" of the Application Transporter
problems with the Synchronisation of the NetView Databases received.
The Application Transporter will automatically attempt to resynchronize
the Nways Device Management submap every time the NetView GUI is
started.
Add the string "-NO_SYNC_AT_START" to the line in the Dataset
/usr/lpp/mgtapptran/bin/ed.conf that starts with "Rnvgate".
Please checks, if the ovwdb cache size bigger is as the number of
objects in the NetView Databases.

Best regards

Frank Brandtner
Karstadt AG