nv-l

ovaddobj hanging and eventually failing

1998-10-14 09:02:41
Subject: ovaddobj hanging and eventually failing
From: Gary Schlachter <Gary.Schlachter AT TAVVE DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:02:41 -0400
    I was wondering if anyone had seen this problem.  I have only seen
or heard about it on NetView for AIX version 4.  When ovaddobj is run on
any LRF file, it hangs for 6 minutes and then produces the error.

ERROR:  Unable to connect to NetView NMS (have you done ovstart?) (OVs
1-16)

All of the daemons are running normally.  If I manually add the
LRF information to the ovsuf file, ovstart and ovstop work
appropriately.  Since I have other machines which work correctly running
at the same level, I believe it is a configuration problem of some
sort.    Has anyone seen or heard about something like this?

Thanks in advance,
Gary Schlachter