nv-l

Re: NetView 5/Framework Installation problem

1998-10-09 01:27:41
Subject: Re: NetView 5/Framework Installation problem
From: Vladimir Petr <PETR AT DATASYS DOT CZ>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 07:27:41 +0200
Hello, James;

If your NetView (re)installation is correct and yet the icon does not appear in
a policy region, you can create a link to the policy region in which you would
like to have the NetView server or client.

Make sure that the policy region under consideration supports NetView
Server/Client managed resources. Otherwise, the link will not be created. Also,
have the appropriate role in the policy region.

For instance, the following command creates a link (i.e. icon) of NetView server
called maja in the Sales policy region:

wln /Library/NetViewServer/maja /Regions/Sales

For your NetView server exec
wls /Library/NetViewServer

to get his name.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Vladimir.

--
Vladimir Petr

Datasys, s.r.o.
mail: petr AT datasys DOT cz
If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well
It were done quickly.