nv-l

Re: Dynamic collections from types of Interfaces

1998-10-07 19:48:20
Subject: Re: Dynamic collections from types of Interfaces
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT TKG DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 19:48:20 -0400
It might be that the selection names in your collection have no
corresponding "IP Hostname" fields defined. I could be wrong, but I think
that snmpCollect needs to have that field defined for objects in the
collection you are using. I think this because I have been working on a
problem that resulted when some of these "IP Hostname" fields had
unresolvable names. The snmpCollect daemon really hates this. :-) Have you
checked the documentation of the types of collections you can define for
collecting data?  I'll bet the selection names must be nodes (isNode = True)
for this to work.  You should also be able to see errors in the log file for
snmpCollect.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of an easy way to do what you want.