nv-l

Re: Requirements For Managing Daemons

1998-10-07 08:23:15
Subject: Re: Requirements For Managing Daemons
From: Scott Wilson <swilson AT RPM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:23:15 -0400
I had found that when I started without the Tivoli environment set properly
I would see exactly those results, but that I could get the daemons
restarted by doing an ovstop nvsecd before the ovstart, then everything
comes up okay.  HTH,

Scott

Simon Long wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently took the Netview daemons down from the command line
> to perform a backup and then attempted to bring them back up
> without sourcing the Tivoli environment file ( ie. .
> /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh )
> and ovtopmd failed to start - exiting with Signal 9 ( as well as it's
> dependant
> daemons - ems_sieve_agent, snmpCollect, and netmon ). I tried to source
> this subsequently but had no success. Upon reboot the daemons came up
> fine.
>
> Does this mean that management of Netview daemons now has to take
> place completely from the Framework Desktop to be safe?   Or am I
> misjudging the nature of the problem or trying to oversimplify it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon Long
> Nettrack Technical Solutions Pty Ltd

Scott Wilson                         Email: swilson AT rpm DOT com
Network Management Consultant        Pager: 800-506-7348
RPM Consulting, Inc.