nv-l

OVwDbInit() problem

1998-10-02 06:24:11
Subject: OVwDbInit() problem
From: "Rama, R. (Reggie)" <ReggieR AT NEDCOR.CO DOT ZA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:24:11 +0200
Hello

I have copied code from an IBM Redbook that  enables one to add a field to
the NV database. After compilation & linking the program (this works fine),
I receive the following error. As soon as the program executes OvwDbInit(),
it return an error code of -1 and an error message : OVW not running. I use
the OvwError() routine to print this error. AT the time of executing this
code, all the NV daemons are up and running. This is frustrating because I
cannot get to test the rest of the code.

Thanks in advance.

Reggie Rama
Nedcor IT, S.A