nv-l

Moving a Netview V5.1 from a Workstation to an another

1998-09-30 03:20:55
Subject: Moving a Netview V5.1 from a Workstation to an another
From: Jean-Michel Thiebaud <Jean-Michel.Thiebaud AT DASSAULT-ELEC DOT FR>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:20:55 +0200
Hi all,

Sorry if this question seems to be stupid, but I just work on Netview V5
since 1 month. So I am far from being an Netview expert ...

I will have to move My Netview V5.1 Server from a Workstation to an
another one.
What the best procedure to proceed ?
1) Backup the Netview and Tivoli filesystem of the first one and restore
it on the second one ?
2) Re-install Tivoli Framework and Netview on the second one and just
restore the customized files (registration, symbols, fields, Bitmaps, conf
...etc ) ?

I know there is a special procedure to change the IP address of a Netview
Server but what's about changing the name of the Workstation ?

Is there a FAQ which could help me to move the Netview Databases ?

Thank you

Jean-Michel THIEBAUD
Dassault Electronique
FRANCE