nv-l

TME planning for migration from NetView 4.1 to NetView 5.1

1998-09-28 17:20:20
Subject: TME planning for migration from NetView 4.1 to NetView 5.1
From: "Miner, Eric" <eric.miner AT TRAVELERS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 17:20:20 -0400
Hello,

We are planning our migration from NetView 4.1 to NetView 5.1.  One decision
that we are pondering is whether to make our NetView Server a TME Server or a
TME Managed Node of our existing TEC TMR.  (By the way, we have no NetView
Client systems.)

I am getting the picture that the main use of the framework today is for
install of NetView 5.1 and then after installation, NetView pretty much runs
independent of the framework.  However, we have an interest in exploring the
Tivoli Integration Pack for NetView in the near future and would also like to
position ourselves for the future (when NetView has closer ties to the
framework??).  That said, one major goal that we have is to keep our NetView
system as insulated as possible from problems in the larger Tivoli environment.

Has anyone developed any guidelines for making the TMR Server vs. Managed Node
decision?
Thanks much,

Eric Miner, Travelers Property Casualty