nv-l

Secondary Addressing Support

1998-09-28 02:44:44
Subject: Secondary Addressing Support
From: Simon Long <simon AT NETTRACK.COM DOT AU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:44:44 +1000
In preparation for supporting Routers using HSRP I wanted to
determine the full story on setup.   There seems to be a few parts:-

1. Indicating in the configuration of "netmon" that you want to
    support secondary addressing.
2. Inclusion in /usr/OV/conf/oid_to_type to indicate ( ie. via the
     S flag )  that the device is capable of supporting secondary
     addresses.
3. Setting the ( depending upon where you read it from ) the
    sysName, sysContact, or sysLocation fields to differ between the
    routers involved.

Is this correct?  What else do I need to be aware of?

Simon Long
Nettrack Technical Solutions Pty Ltd