Our company wants to migrate from NetView V4.1 to V5.1 as soon as possible.
I have a few questions affecting this upgrade.
- System Model: J 40
- OS: AIX 4.2.1
- NetView 4.1.2
- 2- Node Cluster with HACMP 4.2.2
- first node works as application server
- second node is DB-server with Oracle 7.2.3
- Nodes: 2 GB memory
- 2x SSA Tower
NFS ( the NV-clients communicate via NFS-mounts with the NV-server)
Shared File-Systems like: /usr/OV
8 clients-machines ( RS6000 / 43p )
OS: AIX 4.2.1
1. Do we have to upgrade the NV-clients after upgrading the NV-server to
2. Do we have to make all NV-clients to TIVOLI Managed-Nodes ?
3. We would like to use HACMP for Tivoli takeover. In the Release Notes of
NV 5.0 it is recommended not to use HACMP for Tivoli takeover !
Are there any new features affecting this problem in NV 5.1 ?
4. Is it better to install TME 10 Framework 3.2 or 3.6 with NV 5.1 ?
5. Do you think we can get into trouble using Oracle 7.2.3 as RDBMS ? Are
there any migration-scripts which have to be used ?
6. We have implemented a lot of applications in the current NV 4.1
environment - i.e. Nways Campus Manager LAN V 3.1, SNA Manager V 220.127.116.11,
NetScout- Manager V 5.0, Cisco Works V 3.0.3, Sniff Master for X V 4.0.1.
Have you heard of any migration-problems concerning these applications ?
7. Do you know when the NV 5.1 is available on the WEB ( i.e. manuals,
Redbooks, Release Notes ) ????
Thank You very much for Your cooperation !!
joerg.klein AT lhsystems DOT com