nv-l

Re: nvpage works in the netherlands

1998-09-25 13:48:44
Subject: Re: nvpage works in the netherlands
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:48:44 -0400
Randy -

There could be a bug in the way nvpagerd handles nvpaging.protocols.  Not
many people try to "roll their own" and up until now, the changes I have
seen have been very minor.  But if you want us to pursue a fix, you'll have
to call Support and provide the trace data you are looking at for starters.
Sorry but that's the way the process works.

As for the dotted IP address, well the only thing I can think of to do is
to use an action node in place of the pager node in the ruleset.  In that
action, call a script to massage out the dots yourself and then call nvpage
as a line command.   It's ugly and more work on your part but I don't see
an alternative in the current design.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Randy Pelle (DSN)" <Randy.Pelle AT DSN.ERICSSON DOT SE> on 09/25/98 07:15:07 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>