nv-l

analyze % of traffic over a WAN circuit related to telnet, ftp, X traffic, etc

1998-09-25 08:43:41
Subject: analyze % of traffic over a WAN circuit related to telnet, ftp, X traffic, etc
From: "Brook, Bryan S" <bryan.s.brook AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 08:43:41 -0400
I have a request to analyze % of traffic over a WAN circuit related to
telnet, ftp, X traffic, etc.  I figure there has to be a way to look for
well known port addresses within the packets, increment some counters, and
then calculate a % of OctetsOut for the Serial Interface.  Do I need to run
a process on our Cisco 7000 series router (7513 I believe), or are there
cisco MIBs I can interrogate for the information?  Any help would be
appreciated..

Thanks,

Bryan