nv-l

Netview 4.1 Problem

1998-09-25 02:40:36
Subject: Netview 4.1 Problem
From: Cornelis Jacobi <C.A.Jacobi AT NL.DAP.PHILIPS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 07:40:36 +0100
     Hi guys,

     I would like to know if anyone has suggestions to check thing in the
     following case:

     Netview is not functioning well during more than a day.
     There's one gui open and events are still coming. I'm not working with
     rules. Normally there are only a few events coming every hour, I'v
     never seen daemons swallowing in work.

     snmpCollect didn't function any more. I tried to do some research by
     starting a gui with more authority. I didn't even reach the login
     screen.

     I started to give some commands on the prompt: ovstatus gives no
     output and hangs, the same for ovstop for every daemon. I had to kill
     all processes before I could start with ovstart.

     All logfiles in /usr/OV/log contain no messages regarding anything is
     wrong.

     Everything is working fine now, but I want to know what's the cause.

     Hope anyone can help,

     Cornelis Jacobi
     Philips DAP Holland