How to be pro-active?
I'm new to NetView AIX and snmp as well as networking. I've recently taken
the responsibility for NetView AIX (running v 4.1.2 with NWays Manager,
soon to 5.0).
We are currently migrating to Cisco routers in our WAN.
At this point, the operators/helpdesk can almost only see if a node is up
Very little configuration and adapt-ing (is that the right word?) have been
The issues I will start to deal with now is;
- how can we in NetView discover network problems before they become
how can we be pro-active?
- for instance, when setting thresholds of the traffic through routers,
values is propriate?
- what "parameters" are important to monitor in a router?
- what MIB variables are of interest concerning the topics mentioned above?
- how to discover divergent tendencies in the network
I guess these topics are more snmp-, "technical networking"- and router
issues. However does anyone know of any good books that discuss these kind
topics? Maybe someone has some tips and hints regarding this?
ICA Handlarnas AB, Sweden