nv-l

Re: Migrating From UNIX to NT

1998-09-23 10:13:50
Subject: Re: Migrating From UNIX to NT
From: Greg Hubbard <Greg.Hubbard AT PREDICTIVE DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 09:13:50 -0500
I just installed them both and found them to be different products.  Many
of the interesting functions in NetView for UNIX (such as event
correlation) don't appear to be in the NT version.  The NT version doesn't
integrate with the TME Framework the same way as the UNIX version does.

Perhaps someone at Tivoli can comment on the differences between the versions?

Greg Hubbard
Predictive Systems, Dallas