nv-l

Re: nvcorrd

1998-09-22 12:30:08
Subject: Re: nvcorrd
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 12:30:08 -0400
The command you want to trace nvcorrd is nvcdebug.  It is documented and
there is a man page on it.
The most common way to use it is by issuing  nvcdebug -d all from the
command line.  The output goes to the nvcorrd.alog and .blog.  If you want
to see the output of your actions, you need to look in the nvaction.alog
and .blog.

The problem you describe is most likely caused by a "bad" ruleset in
ESE.automation.  Rulesets in ESE.automation do not have a display
associated with them, so they should not have any Forward or Resolve nodes
in them, and more importantly, they should not have the initial event
stream node (the "purple pizza" ) set to "Pass".   If you have rulesets in
ESE.automation, I would edit them with the graphical editor and click on
the initial node just to make sure.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Jorge A. Jiles" <Jorge.Jiles AT UALBERTA DOT CA> on 09/22/98 11:37:31 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>