nv-l

Re: CDE Environment

1998-09-21 07:49:43
Subject: Re: CDE Environment
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 07:49:43 -0400
Please EXPLAIN yourself.  I beg to differ.  NetView V4 and V5 work FINE
with the CDE environment.  All the test and lab boxes run the CDE and they
do so on AIX, Solaris, and Digital.

There are people who add a whole bunch of applications, including Netscape
to the CDE and are unwilling then to tune it, but that is not  a NetView
problem.  In most case, you can simply go to the Style Manager, pull down
the menu, press the Advanced Options button and select "Add more colors to
the desktop" to solve the problem.   I have done it myself.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Simon Long <simon AT nettrack.com DOT au> on 09/18/98 05:59:05 PM

Please respond to simon AT nettrack.com DOT au