nv-l

Re: Forwarding traps/events

1998-09-18 15:44:49
Subject: Re: Forwarding traps/events
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 15:44:49 -0400
In my previous response I didn't mean to imply that there aren't good
reasons to forward traps.  There are.  And many people do this, for one
reason or another.

When I said that few people use the -f option on trapd to forward traps as
EVENTS (to 1661/tcp), I meant that most folks use instead the -m option to
forward them as TRAPS (to 162/udp) so that they arrive at the final
destination exactly like they did when they arrived at the forwarding box.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Houle, Stephen A" <sh32829 AT IMCNAM.SBI DOT COM> on 09/18/98 03:06:49 PM

      NetView et alia <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>