nv-l

Re: Sendmail.cf setup

1998-09-16 19:58:55
Subject: Re: Sendmail.cf setup
From: "Frank W. Hansen" <fhansen AT ENTERPRISEINNOVATIONS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:58:55 -0400
Anthony,

You need to set the DS variable to your SMTP relay host.  Something like:

DSmail.whatever.com

This is the most simplistic setup, you can do several other little goodies but to get mail flowing through the pipe.  That is it.

Anthony Philipp wrote:

I am using Netview version 5 on AIX V4.2.1.  I am not using a DNS.  I would
like to have Netview use the sendmail command to send E-mail messages to
recipients within my organization via an SMTP gateway.  Can someone tell me
what changes I need to make to my standard sendmail.cf file to accomplish
this?

--
Best Regards,

Frank W. Hansen