nv-l

Re: Receiving LANE traps from Cisco Router

1998-09-17 03:20:30
Subject: Re: Receiving LANE traps from Cisco Router
From: Kostas Kottos <K.Kottos AT ASYK.ASE DOT GR>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:20:30 +0300
Marc,

 Cisco added support for LEC after IOS 11.1. In order to have your
router send the specific
 traps you must issue the following command to your router:

  router(config)# snmp-server enable traps <trap-category>

I don' t know which category is for LEC because I don't have the
appropriate module in
my routers. Prior to the trap enable command you should configure your
router to send
traps to the desired management station and set-up the correct community
strings
for read/set operations. For more details check the snmp-server command
in your
router's command reference.

 Hope this helps,

Kostas Kottos,