nv-l

Re: Nways problem

1998-09-14 19:57:44
Subject: Re: Nways problem
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc AT IBM DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:57:44 -0400
If you installed all of the Nways product without insuring that you have
r/w SNMP accessto your resolavble LAN interface, the install script
could not disable SNMP trap reception for MLM, which is started by
default by RABM as part of the Nways config.  With Netview v5's startup
in inittab and MLM's startup still in /etc/rc.tcpip for MLM 2.3.1, the
process midmand is started up prior to trapd, which keeps trapd from
inserting and the startup fails.  You can correct this in several ways:
1. fix your snmpd.conf for a r/w community to your hostname, then run
/usr/OV/bin/RabmServerInstall -c.

2. Remove the line in /etc/rc.tcpip that starts smmlm and instead create
a file /usr/OV/bin/netnmrc.aux containing the line /usr/etc/smmlm "".
Then ps -ef | grep midmand and kill -9 <pid>, then ovstart.

3. If you're not using RABM, just uninstall it and remove the smmlm line
in /etc/rc.tcpip.