nv-l

mksysb

1998-09-14 05:28:34
Subject: mksysb
From: Alain Menezes <a.menezes AT CGER DOT BE>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:28:34 +0200
Hi,

The output of an mksysb (AIX4.1.5) sometimes says : "An error occurred
accessing ./tmp/crout.3nSWJ : A file or directory in the path name does
not exist." followed by "0512-038 mksysb: Backup Completed
Successfully.". I once had enquired about this and answer I got was that
it was just a problem with /tmp files, thus irrelevant. But how come
mksysb stops when this problem appears ? Is the backup reliable ?

Alain
--
Alain Menezes                                   Email: a.menezes AT cger DOT be
ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          Tel.:  +32 2 228.55.74