nv-l

ovactiond and trapd losing contact

1998-09-08 08:12:18
Subject: ovactiond and trapd losing contact
From: Douglas Staub <Douglas_Staub AT KEYBANK DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 08:12:18 -0400
Hi all:

I have been experiencing consistent problems with the ovactiond daemon
losing contact with the trapd daemon.  Has anyone experienced the same
problem?  We are using NetView 4.1 on AIX 4.2.1 and will be upgrading to
5.1 by end of year.  We also rely on the rulesets for processing many
events.  Here is the output from doing an ovstatus for ovactiond:

 object manager name: ovactiond
 behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               NOT_RUNNING
 PID:                 541382
 last message:        ovactiond lost contact with trapd.
 exit status:         exit(1)

/usr/OV/bin/ovstart fixes it, but not permanently.  Any ideas??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Doug Staub
Key Services Corporation
(216) 689-0632