nv-l

Re: PTF U453385 (is y2k fix out yet

1998-09-03 07:55:36
Subject: Re: PTF U453385 (is y2k fix out yet
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 07:55:36 -0400
Stop calling U453385 the Y2K fix.  There are dozens of better reasons to
get that PTF than those minor cosmetic things I discussed here before.  But
the answer to your question is that it became available yesterday, so you
can order it or download it, however you normally get you PTFs.

I don't know why you think NetView V3 is Y2K ready.  It is out of support
and was never formally tested.  However, as with V4, the vast majority of
its function has been Y2K ready since it was built.  Any one running
NetView V3 in the year 2000 is just asking for trouble since we aren't
supporting it now.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support