nv-l

Re: Setting Thresholds for individual interfaces

1998-08-31 23:05:59
Subject: Re: Setting Thresholds for individual interfaces
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 23:05:59 -0400
>When configuring data collections and thresholds, I can set a threshold for
>a specific node, but I need to set up individual thresholds for each
>interface.  For instance, I want to set interface utilization thresholds for
>some of my WAN links, but  I need to set different thresholds for each
>interface.  Any clues as to how I do this?

Is the problem that you are unable to set different thresholds for different
instances  of the same mib
variable on a given node? Do you get error messages about duplicate labels
doing this?  I suspect
that if you created multiple mib expressions for the mib variable in question,
you could do it. I have
not tried creating mib expressions (see the Admin Guide) with a single
variable, but I often use
expressions of a single variable times -1. Check it out.... and let us know if
it works.

Cordially,

Leslie Clark
IBM Global Services - Network & Systems Management - Detroit