nv-l

Re: Netview 5.0 and AIX 4.3

1998-08-28 23:13:48
Subject: Re: Netview 5.0 and AIX 4.3
From: Jim Kellock <jkellock AT IBM DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 23:13:48 -0400
On 4.3.1, use the smit->Install option to "Install from all available
software", select the CD, and search on compat.  You also need the PC850
font compatibility image.

I had another strange problem on 4.3.1- After I (successfully, according
to the log) installed the Netview patch from the Netview CD, then ran
odadmin reexec as in the docs, the netviewServer did not show up in the
available resource list.  I had to remove all of the pa_NV* files from
the .installed directories and remove the /var and /tmp directories then
reinstall twice to get it to show up, after which Netview went on fine.

I too found the problem with the Framework patch for 3.2.1.  It tells
you to run it from the wrong directory.  The readme file from the patch
tar tells you where the three files from step 1 of the patch install
need to be copied to/from.  Won't retype the things here, partly because
the names of the patch files are different from what's in the doc.  You
have to pay attention with this stuff.

But the manual copy of the files from the patch works fine, as long as
you get rid of the originals (links from the CD)first.