nv-l

Re: Sizing

1998-08-28 15:46:00
Subject: Re: Sizing
From: Jeff Binkley <jeff.binkley AT ASACOMP DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:46:00 -0500
-> NetView documentation specifically recommends against  putting other heavily
-> used applications on the same box as NetView.  A web server and an SQL
-> server on the same box as NetView?  You must be joking.  You are just asking
-> for
-> unsolvable performance problems.  80 - 100K objects would put you in the top
-> 1% of NetView customers as far as size goes.  I think you are already
-> pushing the performance envelope with that.
->
-> Perhaps other large users could respond.
->
-> James Shanks
-> Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

We run our systems with between 30k - 50k objects.  Our standard machine is
a J50/F50 machine w/4 processors, 8G of disk space and 1G of memory.  We
run Sybase externally under NT w/IBM 704 Quad PP processors.  We do run
he web server locally on the Netview box.  This is because we use them for
both Netview and Optivity.

Jeff Binkley
Banc One Services Corporation