nv-l

[no subject]

1998-08-28 08:21:48
From: Stephen_Hochstetler AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:21:48 -0400
Date:    Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:11:08 -0500
From:    Ken Guettler <Ken.Guettler AT MARYVILLE DOT COM>
Subject: Re: Netview 5.0 and AIX 4.3

On my 4.3.1 CDs I found  dataset "bos.loc.pc_compat.usr.4.3.1.0".
In SMIT this gave me a list of many Locales so that I could choose the
U.S. English.   When I installed "Base System Locale PC Code Set -
U.S. English", it installed bos.loc.pc_compat.En_US.   It also required
bos.loc.pc_compat.com at that time.

beware in 4.3.1 that your LIBPATH requires X11 R5 for NetView.   But don't
change your system's LIBPATH because CDE requires X11 R6.   Motif1.2 must
also be in your NetView LIBPATH, but not in your systems.

Steve Hochstetler
Tivoli Professional Services