nv-l

Re: NWAYS Problems

1998-08-24 09:32:01
Subject: Re: NWAYS Problems
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc AT IBM DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:32:01 -0400
Nways explanations:
1.  It sounds as if you've installed the LNM portion of Nways and it has
discovered that your routers are have bridging set up as well as
routing.  LNM added symbols to your interface map so status can be
propogated based on the managed capabilities of the devices.

2. the RMON product is not aware of the ovsnmp database.  Since there is
no discovery of Rmon agents by the LANReMon anyway, you still have to
open up each probe, so it's not too much of a stretch to type in another
community name.  In another life, perhaps, it will be easier.

Hope this helps.