nv-l

HACMP

1998-08-20 12:58:34
Subject: HACMP
From: Moise Dignard <DignardM AT STENTOR DOT CA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:58:34 -0400
Hi gang,

My problem is about NV reporting the standby addresses as red or down. The
HACMP standby addresses were not resolvable! The ethernet cards are up but
cannot be pinged due to the address not being "passed" by the network.
This is OK from a HACMP perpective. But from a monitoring perpective the
adapters will show red.

I've tried to "hide "those cards, and I've tried to "delete" those card.
But nothing seems to work good (when you hide the interface, the node shows
up yellow, when you delete the interface, it delete the entire objects. By
the way I don't understand why it deletes my object).

Other then getting resolvable IP addresses for the standby adapters, what
kind of solutions is there for my problem?
(i.e I want everything to be green, but I don't necesserly want to see my
standby addresses.)

Thank you
Moe