nv-l

Re: Netmon crashing everyday

1998-08-19 12:38:40
Subject: Re: Netmon crashing everyday
From: SHANKS AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:38:40 -0400
Is ovtopmd coring?  Look in /usr/OV/PD/cores/ovtopmd (or / if there is no
ovtopmd subdirectory).  If you have a core , then you will probably need to
call Support, but it is most likely due to a "bad" object in the database.
You can try running ovmapcount -a  and then ovtopofix -A ( -A if you have
just one map, -a if you have several; the ovwls command will show you how
many you have).   This might fix it.  Else call Support.
Good luck.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Smeriglio,Luca,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Luca.Smeriglio AT NESTLE DOT COM> on
08/19/98
11:45:57 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>