nv-l

Re: Question on rulesets

1998-08-19 12:09:03
Subject: Re: Question on rulesets
From: SHANKS AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:09:03 -0400
You can look in /usr/OV/log at the nvaction.alog or .blog and see if there
are error messages from your email command.  Remember that the daemons do
not share your environment variables.

If you cannot see a problem there, then I can only suggest that you try
tracing your ruleset.  You can use nvcdebug -d all to turn on the trace,
but if you have more than one running at a time that can be messy.  Another
way to trace is to name your ruleset "nvcdebug.rs" and nvcorrd will trace
just that ruleset's execution.  I don't know if you can follow the trace --
it will be in nvcorrd.alog and .blog -- but if not, then please call
Support and someone will help you.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Leen van der Ster - Triple P Nederland <lster AT EMSERVER.TRIPLE-P DOT NL> on
08/19/98 11:05:30 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>