nv-l

Re: Question on rulesets

1998-08-19 08:49:39
Subject: Re: Question on rulesets
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:49:39 -0400
What are you trying to do in your background ruleset?  Some actions only
work through the Events GUI because that is where the API is.  For
instance, you cannot use the override status function in the background,
because its requires a connection to ovw, and it does not get that unless
an events window is open.   And that events window must have been started
by the read-write map, because you cannot change the map unless you have
write permission .

Do you see what I mean here?  So what are you trying to do in your ruleset?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Leen van der Ster - Triple P Nederland <lster AT EMSERVER.TRIPLE-P DOT NL> on
08/19/98 04:01:49 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>