nv-l

layer2-network vs Digital

1998-08-19 07:17:54
Subject: layer2-network vs Digital
From: Szymon Brandt <Szymon.Brandt AT WOR.TVP.COM DOT PL>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:17:54 +0200
Regards,

we use the Digital products (gigaswitch, 900 family modules) in our extended
LAN.
All nodes and network modules are in one IP network (mask 255.255.0.0).
Can the Polycenter on Netview parse correctly the switched network?

I've observed the 'problem with segments' discussion but there was nothing
about DEC. I use archaic - often opinion - version of Polycenter 4.1A
which displays the flat segment with all nodes on it.
Now I have possibility to buy a new network management system.
I hope the new Polycenter (with additional modules ?) can draw
the segments between switches, group nodes connected to one hub in one
segment, etc.
Am I wrong?  May be the Spectrum is better choice?
Please some hints
Szymon