nv-l

Re: MORE QUESTIONS ON NETVIEW NT 5.0 REV A

1998-08-17 17:41:16
Subject: Re: MORE QUESTIONS ON NETVIEW NT 5.0 REV A
From: Neal Wallace {DNSAKL} <NealW AT DATACOM.CO DOT NZ>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:41:16 +1200
Debbie, I am particularly interested in any answers you may have
received for question 7. The company I work for has not found any such
thing and so has started to produce our own reports. The design of these
reports (so far just daily and weekly graphs) has taken a very long time
and so would be very interested in any such samples.

In relation to your other questions below, (3) - the database I believe
just wraps around - drops old data (writes it to the trapd.log if
specified in the trap drop down box of Server Setup) and fills it with
the new data. There is also an option (be warned: it is the default!) in
the Files page, Schedule SNMPCollect Data to Delete drop down option to
'Purge Every Day at 11:00:00 PM', 'Number of Records to Leave in
Database 0'. This will delete all of your precious data - I suspect you
are in a similar position to us, so change this very quickly!

In regards to (6), I believe there is a way of doing this, but
unfortunately I haven't learned how to yet - I suspect it may be a
function of the Tivoli Desktop or similar tool.

The other questions I do not think I could help with as I have been
involved more on the installation and maintenance sides rather than the
day-to-day usage side.

Regards,
Neal Wallace
Network Consultant