nv-l

NetView for NT 5.0 Rev. A

1998-08-14 07:05:31
Subject: NetView for NT 5.0 Rev. A
From: Debbie Sparg <dsparg AT FGH.CO DOT ZA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:05:31 +0200
Hello Everyone,

I am having some problems with NetView NT 5.0 Rev. A and wonder if anyone
can help with the following questions. I am more familiar with Unix (AIX).

I am running NT 4.0 SP3.

1)      Will the webbrowser kit work with IIS 4.0 (the doc. Only mentions IIS
3.0). If yes, how do we do it?
2)      How does NetView resolve hostnames for workstations running for e.g.
Windows 95. We do not have a DNS. We do have the names defined in WINNS.
Does NetView get the name from WINNS or is it from the machine name defined
(NETBIOS?). The names are not defined in the hosts file.
3)      I have the NetView Server installed on NT4.0 . I would like to install
client(s). Must these clients also be NT ? Is any other system supported -
? Windows 95
4)      The customer will also be installing Software Artistry on an NT platform
for helpdesk. How can I integrate it with NetView so trouble tickets can
automatically be opened from certain NetView events ?

Thanks
Debbie Sparg
(dsparg AT fgh.co DOT za)
Technical Consults