nv-l

Re: SRF

1998-08-07 09:26:15
Subject: Re: SRF
From: Scott Wilson <swilson AT RPM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:26:15 -0400
I believe that you must restart nvsecd and have all users in the affect group
log out of NV security before any changes to that user's/group's permissions
will take affect.

Alain Menezes wrote:

> Alain Menezes wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got NetView 4.1.2 on AIX 4.1.5
> >
> > I've created SRFs from Transcend's ARFs (with 'c_arf2srf'). I've
> > disabled access (no read, no execute) to Transcend menus to few groups
> > with nvsec_admin;  Strangely, some of these groups can still see the
> > Transcend menus (in the 'Administer' main menu). I've even copied the
> > SRFs from the group where the disabling worked to those where it didn't
> > (cp usr/OV/security/Domains/groupOK/SRF
> > /usr/OV/security/Domains/groupNOTOK) without any success. Could anyone
> > tell me in what direction I should search ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Alain
> > --
> > Alain Menezes                                   Email: a.menezes AT cger
> > DOT be
> > ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          Tel.:  +32 2 228.55.74
> > Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48                         Fax.:  +32 2 228.83.69
> > 1000  Brussels
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm replying to my own message!!
>
> Curiously, a reboot solved the problem. Restarting the daemons may have
> been enough. Is this a known problem ?
>
> AL
> --
> Alain Menezes                                   Email: a.menezes AT cger DOT
> be
> ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          Tel.:  +32 2 228.55.74
> Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48                               Fax.:  +32 2
> 228.83.69
> 1000  Brussels

Scott Wilson                         Email: swilson AT rpm DOT com
Network Management Consultant        Pager: 800-506-7348
RPM Consulting, Inc.