nv-l

Re: Deleting Objects in Netview

1998-08-07 09:25:12
Subject: Re: Deleting Objects in Netview
From: Scott Wilson <swilson AT RPM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:25:12 -0400
Shutdown netmon and use:

ovtopofix -r <selection name>
restart ALL read-write maps, let them sync, and the object should be
gone.

If that doesn't work, shutdown NetView (ovstop), and use:
ovwdbdmap -d <selection name>
This command takes about 5 minutes per object to remove from the
database, so plan for the downtime.  I would also recommend a backup
before running ovwdbdmap at all since I have heard that it can cause
serious DB corruption.

HTH,

Scott

--
Scott Wilson                         Email: swilson AT rpm DOT com
Network Management Consultant        Pager: 800-506-7348