nv-l

Re: Rulesets

1998-08-06 08:28:59
Subject: Re: Rulesets
From: Jose Luis Arbona Orovay <jarbo AT INFOCENTRE.GVA DOT ES>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 14:28:59 +0200
Douglas Staub escribis:

> My first question is what type of handlers or decisions are you using
> within your ruleset?  How often is the event occuring?  James Shanks of
> Tivoli just sent a good piece on creating rulesets earlier this week and
> might be worth taking a look at.

Yes, I've read it.

> I have had similar problems using the inline action (hundreds of
> defuncts!), however, I soon learned from James that executing a script
> within an inline script is not a good idea if you are expecting many events
> to be fully processed or if the script takes longer than 10 seconds or both
> - this resulted in a modification to evaluate the event o my part using the
> command for automatic action within the event itself and my problem has
> since disappeared.

May be this, I had 2 or 3 inline actions in my ruleset, and I have changed them
for Actions. By now no more defuncts appeared.
However, that's no the solution, an inline action shouldn't have this problem,
or almost, have a patch which resolved it.

Thanks. (and sorry for my english)

    Jose Luis.